Spooky shopping in the Netherlands ( Halloween 2020 ) part 1

Like I said at the beginning this year, I want also writing about alternative, spooky lifestyle on my blog. Some tips about home decorations, intersting places, music bands, movies, travelling and events. Thats why  'today want to show you first part of my Halloween's posts in the Netherlands. How it looks, here, where to go, where to find cute, spooky homeware and decorations. I hope you will like it ;)


So, the Halloween wasn't a big deal in the Netherlands how it is for example in the USA. Dutch people don't celebrate this day how American people, but I'm happy that we have now more and more spooky stuff in the stores, partys and more decorated houses for that day. I think it's thanks to expats. Plus dutch people love costumes. We have a lot of stores with only party costumes and decorations. Also free candy is a big plus for kids. So every year now the Halloween is getting more popular in the Netherlands. Maybe one day it will be so spectacular how is the USA and we will have the stores like Spirit Halloween here. I hope ;) I love Halloween and I would like to celebrate it how it is in American movies. 


We have a Sint-Maarten day in November and it's very similar to Halloween. Only not so spooky. Kids are knocking on doors, singing and getting candy. They are making a special paper lanterns. It's also a fun day, but not different than Halloween. Hope we will get the Halloween much more popular in the Netherlands. 


I'm decorating my house hor Halloween every year ;) Even if is the only house in whole neighborhood haha I saw last year couple decorated houses and thi is so cool. Hope this year will be more, because many partys, festival were cancelled due to Covid-19, so why not celebrate more at your home? ;) Would really love to see more spooky houses here. I don't miss the partys so much like to see very scary decorations, cute pumpkins and kids in costumes. 


My daughter loves Halloween like me ;) So we are decorating house together and preparing spooky delicious dinner with sweets for later. We have a lot of decorations, but like to check every year what's new in the stores and for that occasion I'm doing shopping hunt for Halloween. Luckily the Halloween's offer in the stores it's getting better and better in the Netherlands, so the spooky shopping is now fun here a bit more. Ok, so where to go to get spooky stuff in 2020? I did already some small haul.


First must visit store in the Netherlands for spooky shopping is Action
First scary items you can already find at the end of August, but full offer for Halloween in the store is from the beginning of September. There you can find typical Halloween decorations or costumes. Don't expect high quality homeware, but for Halloween party and for kids it's really nice offer and a lot. This year the Action store near to me has 4 shelves with spooky stuff. I did videos for my TikTok account. I recorded it when they just started unpacking, so still you will not see full offer, but I  just was today at the store and it's much more stuff. Here you can find all videos from Action store:

1. First video, click here  
2. Second video, click here 
3. Third video, click here 


I did also some pictures. Here was first and second day of delivery:







New pictures made in September:





























 Today all shleves were full and they added some new stuff, so don't wait and just go and see by yourself what they have and if you will like something. The prices are really good, it's not expensive and the kids willl be very happy ;) I was searching some stuff for my upcoming Halloween photoshoots, but found only 1 thing. The rest I already have or used on the pictures, so dont want to repeat the same thing. Óf course gonna buy soon there more candy for upcoming celebration, so will have nice sweets for us and for kids if any will knock to our doors ;) I have this hope every year haha Unfortunately didn't have yet any kids in the front of our doors saying "Trick or treat". My daughter is also always waiting for kids, but none ;( 


I bought for now this:




The fox mug it wasn't in Halloween collection, but my daughter chose it in collection for Autumn ;) She loves collecting mugs like me haha and it's cute, so had to buy it for her. It's also nice quality and was cheap. 






Nothing special, because I have already so many Halloween decorations from Action, so don't want to buy too much stuff what I need or don't like so much. Anyway if you weren't still in Action I recommend to go and choose something, because it's worth it. 
You can also see online what they have, but they don't have  there all Halloween collection, so still if you want to see full offer you have to go to the store.

https://www.action.com/nl-nl/search/?q=halloween



Second must go store in the Netherlands  is TK MAXX. I just love that store. Always buying there cute spooky stuff every Halloween for my home. There you can find real homeware, high quality and still in good price. Where I live in Amsterdam we have 2 TK MAXX stores. You can also find this store in Almere, Rotterdam, Apeldoorn, Eindhoven, Zoetermeer, Den Haag and Arnhem. I wasn't there yet this year, because I am busy, but one of my friend went to TK MAXX in Amsterdam Osdorp. It's so many beautiful stuff there and for sure gonna visit this store as soon is possible. Have picture and video from her of Halloween collection:




Video :

https://www.tiktok.com/@batslovergirl/video/6868287423822990598


Video and picture made by my friend Shannon.sparrow. Check out her on Instagram -> https://www.instagram.com/shannon.sparrow/

This collection you can also see online on UK TK MAXX -> https://www.tkmaxx.com/uk/en/home/home-seasonal-events/halloween/halloween-decorations/c/04110000


Of course more stuff are in the stores than online, so recommend go to the store and see by yourself. 
There you will experience a real Hallowen haul ;) 


Second post about more spooky places in the Netherlands soon. Follow me on Instagram -> https://www.instagram.com/batslover/ 

Link with all my websites -> https://linktr.ee/batslover


Wanna collaboration with me ? write here -> batslovergirl@gmail.com



Comments